Speech Therapy includes the evaluation and treatment of individuals with difficulties in the areas of speech, language, cognition and swallowing. Our speech pathologists evaluate and treat children and adults with these various difficulties as well as work with individuals to develop or restore their communication skills.
- Speech production training (including articulation, phonology, motor-speech, and fluency)
- Cognitive-linguistic skills training (thinking skills)
- Aural rehabilitation (hearing)
- Language enhancement (symbols, words, reading, writing)
- Sign language
- Augmentative and alternative communication systems (communication devices)
- Assistive technology
- Dysphagia therapy (swallowing skills)
- Vital Stim therapy (swallowing skills)
Information regarding Passy-Muir Tracheostomy and Ventilator Swallowing and Speaking Valves
Information regarding VitalStim Dysphagia Therapy
Information regarding tracheostomy tubes in a family-friendly format.
Information regarding First Steps of KY services for children from Birth to age 3 who have a disability or need for therapy.